*****New: Virtual Chocolate Tastings! I’ll be the “sweet speaker” at your next corporate or other event, even if it’s via Zoom, by bringing my chocolate and presentation expertise to you via a virtual chocolate tasting!
In-person events are also available!
Here’s how it works:
- Choose your chocolate theme for my presentation, such as
- History and Health Benefits of Chocolate,
- Women in Chocolate, or
- What’s In Your Chocolate: Making Conscious Chocolate Choices.
- I’ll send our agreed chocolate for the tasting to your location or to each participant prior to the event, so that participants can taste the chocolate live during the presentation. Or, if you prefer to have participants order chocolate individually, I can add a special chocolate set to my online boutique for your group to select, or guests can choose from what’s available.
- I’ll hold the presentation live on your Zoom or other platform, and we’ll have a blast! You can record it if you wish, to share with others in your organization.
The cost is the retail cost of the chocolate plus tax and shipping, plus a $30/person event fee. Or, we can arrange a flat fee; contact me at email@example.com to discuss.
Plus, you can choose from a rotating selection of fun Chocolate Uplift mugs and tees and the like from my merchandise store, with or without booking a virtual tasting. Custom merchandise is also available, such as with your logo and mine, or with a special message for your event participants!
Click here for my “sizzle reel” to get a sense of my presentation style through a montage of tv news clips, and click here for a recent podcast I did for the Chicago Bar Association Foundation on tasting chocolate and changing careers.
And, see below for my speakers one-sheet along with additional information, videos, bio, partial list of presentations and keynotes given, and testimonials like this one from Thanksgiving week 2020:
The chocolate tasting was far beyond my expectations – thank you so much!! The chocolate selections were incredible and I’m so glad that everyone (especially the kids) got a better understanding of what goes into commercial vs. craft chocolate. You led us through everything so skillfully and we loved learning about the history and health benefits of chocolate. It was such a remarkable experience. I so appreciate your making it possible to experience it with my beloved sisters.
Thank you, and I hope to see you or Zoom with you soon!
Onward and upward!
Your friend in chocolate,
Founder/CEO Chocolate Uplift
Craft Chocolate Consulting, Distribution, Speaking
***** Additional info: *****
Request Chocolate Uplift founder and “sweet speaker” Valerie Beck as the speaker at your next convention, meeting, association conference, networking event, or other gathering, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click for videos – such as
- Valerie’s 3-minute news montage,
- interview on chocolate trends and health benefits, or
- talk at the Coleman Entrepreneur Center –
or click for Valerie’s bio, and see Valerie’s speakers one-sheet below.
“Onward and upward!”
Speaker, Entrepreneur, Author, Chocolate Expert
- Successful entrepreneur and founder of the original chocolate tours
- Cheerful chocolate expert
- Inspirational author
- Chocolate and business consultant
- Adjunct professor
- Former attorney
- Harvard College and Harvard Law grad
- Inspiring and uplifting speaker
Highlighted speaking topic:
- Chocolate Wellness: What’s In Your Chocolate?
Details: hear my tips on chocolate-enhanced wellness, presented in a fun and uplifting way, including:
- the number 1 ingredient to beware of in commercial chocolate,
- how to decode chocolate bar labels and identify the right kind of artisan chocolate,
- how to maximize chocolate’s health benefits,
- how to avoid GMOs and artificial ingredients,
- what “natural ingredients” are and why they sometimes mean you should back away from the shelf,
- how to taste and enjoy craft chocolate – which we’ll do at the talk! – and
‘Keep eating chocolate!'” ~ Valerie
Other requested speaking topics:
- Ethical Chocolate: Sustainability Challenges and Solutions
- Chocolate: History, Health Benefits, Myths, Magnificence
- ABCs of Success: Attitude, Belief, Commitment
- How to use these simple concepts for success in any business or endeavor
- Sweet Life: How to Follow Your Heart and Take Your Brain With You
- Start discovering or keep refining your heart’s desire, and be a “practical dreamer”
- Alternative Careers for Lawyers
- Sweet Startup: What Every Entrepreneur Should Know About Passion, Profit, and Persistence
- Social Media Marketing
- Chocolate 2032: Trends in the World of Chocolate
Topics are customizable for your group. And presentations come with chocolate!
Client categories include:
- Conventions and association meetings
- Law firms – particularly law firm women’s initiatives
- Women’s groups
- Corporate wellness days
- Corporate motivational days
Valerie has spoken at organizations including:
- other corporations ranging from small and mid-sized to Fortune 500
- other large, mid-sized, and small non-profits
- the Chicago Bar Association
- The Law Bulletin
- the U.S. Department of Education’s Council on Legal Education Opportunity
- Northwestern Law School
- her alma mater Harvard Law School
- her alma mater Harvard College
- University of Chicago
- the Coleman Center for Entrepreneurship
- Lexington College
- DePaul University School of Hospitality
- Loyola University
- Kendall College
- National Association for Catering and Events
- National Customer Service Association
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce in conjunction with World Chicago and the US Department of State
- Illinois Diversity Council
- Chicago City Treasurer business education sessions
- Culinary Historians of Chicago
- Women’s Innovation Network – WIN
- Geneva Women in Business
- Professional Women’s Network
- Daily Herald Business Ledger
“If you ever want to get fully enrobed in everything chocolate, then seek out Valerie Beck. She leaves no cacao bean unturned as she takes aficionados on a magic chocolate ride where one is dipped into artisanal producing, social awareness, and luscious tasting.”
Culinary Historians of Chicago
“Valerie is an exuberant and extraordinary speaker who superbly involves the audience as she presents such interesting facts about chocolate and wellness. She is very friendly and personable, yet a cylinder of dynamite showering listeners with delightful energy! The manner in which she shares her heart, soul, lively humor and vast knowledge makes her presentations quite enjoyable. Valerie is highly recommended as a speaker to your group!”
Co-chair of ladies organization, Springfield, IL
“Valerie is an enthusiastic and engaging speaker who is passionate and knowledgeable about her topic. Her comprehensive, informative and fun presentation was well received by our audience of professional and executive women.”
Co-chair, STRIDES, Advancing Women in Business
“Valerie’s positive energy is contagious and her delivery is vivacious and engaging. Every entrepreneur and professional can benefit from her uplifting messages and sensible business advice. Listening to Valerie’s stories and expertise is guaranteed to be an inspiring and invigorating experience.”
Co-Founder, Sandpiper Imports Inc.
“Valerie is charming, graceful and feminine. At the same time she is powerful, captivating and persuasive. She is knowledgeable about her subject matter and makes an excellent and very professional presentation. I’m looking forward to inviting her to speak to my group again..and again.”
“Valerie Beck is an established speaker who is confident, well prepared and full of energy. She presents with enthusiasm, knowledge, and engagement. Her sunny perspective and will light up any room and is well loved by all. This bubbly professional is born to speak as getting in front of an audience comes naturally. I highly recommend Valerie for your next speaking function.”
Send Out Cards
“Valerie is energetic and welcoming. As a speaker, her passion for others, supporting individuals in their personal and professional growth and for making a difference in people’s lives comes through. She is sincere, believable and engaging. I wouldn’t hesitate to invite her to share fables, enthusiasm and inspiration as a speaker.”
Executive Director, National Runaway Safeline
“Since I saw Valerie present over three years ago, I can’t say enough about her endless charisma, business intelligence, passion, and professionalism. Valerie is not only a successful business owner, but a leader and an effective speaker in the business community. I highly value her expertise and would recommend her presentations to colleagues of any level.”
Michael Moody, Author and Personal Trainer in Chicago (www.michaelmoodyfitness.com)
[In person:] Generally $1,500 for nonprofit organizations, or $5,000 for law firms and corporations, plus travel and accommodations. Negotiable.
See Valerie in action in our videos, and contact us about booking Valerie as a “sweet speaker” for your organization: email@example.com.
Here’s to Uplift Through Chocolate!